DAY 5: OK, we have to give credit where credit is due … because the idea for Red & Black Animation started at a meeting with Hasbro, when they said they thought our concept for a sitcom (which was the original concept for Red & Black) would be better as animation.

For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

Well, have we run out of words yet? No. But Monday we're going to let others do the talking for us.

Stay tuned … more to load and launch!

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it’s our first column of the year. A new beginning. Any “new” ideas for topics? Something other than New Year’s resolutions.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is there a reason you do not want to talk about resolutions?

assets.rebelmouse.io

Obviously, yours was not to ask fewer questions.

Black (use0 assets.rebelmouse.io

That will never happen, but you are avoiding the question. Why?

Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because every year, I have a long list of things I want to do, and I start strong, but within a few months, I fall back into old habits. Sometimes it only takes weeks. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Black (use) assets.rebelmouse.io

Next question. What is the opposite of “old?"
Keep Reading ... Show less

December’s so festive and full of magic, but it’s also about appreciating family and friends and those lives we’ve been lucky enough to be a part of and, hopefully, touched in a positive way. Which is something we often pay lip service to, because as much as we truly believe it, life has a way of going by in a blur, and before you know it, another year comes to an end.

This seemingly obvious observation became more than just words a few short, or so it seems, weeks ago when Black and I lost our mom. She had lived a full 94 years, but when the time came, it came quicker than expected, which was a blessing for her but difficult for those she left behind. And while Black and I each had a very different relationship with our mom, it has been a challenging time in many ways.

Luckily, the business side of Red & Black could be put “on hold” and Black posted (on our behalf),

Keep Reading ... Show less

As we welcome 2022 … we wish a happy and healthy New Year to you!