In talking about some personal financial issues with my husband, he suddenly bursts out with "What would Black do?" We immediately had our answer. – Lucy C., writer and editor, 46

I'll have a "Plan" for my future vs. living day to day.– Marian O.

In the past, the more money I made the more I spent. So, although I knew I needed to be saving more, I didn't because of my "screwed up" priorities and values. Thus, no matter how much knowledge I may have on any given topic, if my values and priorities aren't in sync with what is important, then all of the knowledge in the world won't make much of a difference. – C. Thomas, Chaplain

I have to admit in the beginning I wasn't too fond of the whole "Red and Black" idea! But after getting involved I realized there was so much about life that I didn't know. – S. H., Female Offender, Plane State Jail, TDCJ